Open Call For Art:
NOURISH? Arts Address Mind, Body, Spirit
Submission Deadline: November 8, 2019
Entries: $35 for up to 3 entries
Selection Notification: November 20, 2019
Accepted Artwork Delivery Date: January 6, 2020
Exhibition Dates: January 26 - Febraury 15, 2020
Artwork Pick Up/ Shipping: February 17, 2020
1. provide with the food or other substances necessary for growth, health, and good condition
2. keep (a feeling or belief) in one's mind, typically for a long time.
The arts provide common ground and opportunities to share stories that can connect us to our communities. The arts stimulate life-giving inspiration. And the arts can act as physical and cognitive therapies as they offer permission to explore ourselves and our environment. This exhibit brings together creative work from across New Hampshire that demonstrates how art engages people in the pursuit of health, wellness and understanding.
Considering the artwork both as a mind/body/spirit process for the artist and as an inspiration/affirmation/motivation for the viewer, selected artworks will address one or more of the following concepts:
· Personal health and well-being
· Creative experiences that heal, help us grow, transform
· Grounding in our place, time, and communities
· Intellectual journeys that stimulate, inspire, engage, instruct
· Keywords/ideas: Stimulate, Inspire, Calm, Heal, Transform, Hope, Power, Oasis, Connect
Open to all art forms: Visual art (2D, 3D, video), music, dance, theater, etc.
Size limitations: 5ftx5ft max for media on walls, 4ftx4ftx6ft for 3D, 200lbs maximum weight.
Not all images entered will be selected for this exhibition.
Presented by Museum of the White Mountains:
The Museum of the White Mountains is a teaching museum for Plymouth State University. The mission of the Museum of the White Mountains is to obtain, maintain, and provide access to resources and activities that educate and engage its audience with the region’s artistic, historical, geographic, and cultural treasures. Its purpose is to enrich the life and scholarship of the Plymouth State University community, researchers, and the broader public. www.plymouth.edu/mwm
Contact us at 535 3210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org