Connecting people to genetic services - opportunities for innovation
Location: Portsmouth Harbor Events & Conference Center, 100 Deer St. at 22 Portwalk Place, Portsmouth, NH 03801
For more information please contact Kate Filanoski (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Day 1 Agenda (draft):
A focus on the role of family voices organizations in linking families to genetic services.
Participants: Family Voices staff, NERGN staff, Family Members
- 10 am - Welcome & Introductions
- 10:30 am - Supporting Connections to Genetic Services via Quality Improvement
- Noon - Lunch
- 1 pm - Review of NERGN resources available for family and staff
- 2 pm - Review and discusson of family expectations for genetic services
- 3 pm - Lessons learned from the day
- 4 pm - Adjourn
Day 2 Agenda (draft):
Annual in-person meeting of the NERGN steering committee in the morning, and Annual meeting of all NERGN stakeholders starting at 10 AM.
Annual Meeting Participants: Steering Committee, Primary Care Providers, Family Voices staff and connected family members, Genetic Service Providers, NERGN staff
- 7:30 am - Steering Committee breakfast meeting (closed)
- 10 am - Opening remarks
- 10:30 am - Panel discussion: Success stories and barriers in connecting families with genetic services
- Noon - Lunch
- 1 pm - Considerations for genetic services for immigrants and refugees
- 2 pm - Group discussion: What should families expect from their provider
- 3 pm - Next steps
- 3:30 pm - Adjourn